Statox 560 Gas Detector Self Test with Gas
The Statox 560 might be one of the safest gas detectors at all. Functional safety level 2 – EN 61508 quantifies its low probability of failure on demand.
Furthermore a self test with the target gas assures that a failure – how unlikely ever – will never go unnoticed.
The self test is not only capable detecting a failure, but will also generate a maintenance request alert if necessary. This saves a lot of time for preventive maintenance.
The Statox 560 is in any aspect a state – of – the – art product:
– The new sensor generation features high sensitvity, fast response, low interferences and plug – and play technology.
– The gas generators produce the target gas and thus offer a 100 % proof that all components are in perfect condition.
– The output signals are a 4 – 20 mA analog signal plus 4 open collector outputs for A1, A2, maintenance request and system failure.
– The electronics are well protected in an Ex d housing with window. The self test starts automatically once per day on a programmable schedule, or can be triggered manually with a magnetic pin or by a remote contact in the control room. This feature will safe time when you need it most: In case of an exposure, the sensor must be tested to make sure it has not been poisoned. With a Statox 560 you can do this just with a push of a button!
The magnetic pin is the tool to access the menu in the Ex d housing. Here you can set parameters and perform a prooftest or a calibration.
– The sensor module holds the sensor, the generator cell and a micropump. It is an Ex i module, i. e. for work on this module there is no hot work permit required! The module can be replaced completey by a fresh one which has been calibrated in the shop. This design reduces the work in the field to an absolute minimum.
The Statox offers 100 % safety plus utmost operator convenience!
COCl2, Cl2, CO, HCN, H2S, NH3